HARP 2.0 Refinance
If you’re underwater on your loan, a HARP refinance can give you some relief.
Lowering your interest rate, reducing term, and lowering your monthly payments are all good reasons for seeking a refinance.
The HARP program was created specifically to help those homeowners who purchased their homes before May 31, 2009, are current on their payments, and who have little or no equity, thus making conventional refinancing difficult and expensive to obtain.
HARP makes refinancing a reality, and when your loan is serviced by Lakeview, the process is fast and simplified and costs are minimal compared to other lenders, because we are already the servicer.
You may be eligible for HARP if you meet all of the following criteria::
- The mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
- The mortgage must have been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage cannot have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March-May, 2009.
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio must be greater than 80%.
- The borrower must be current on the mortgage at the time of the refinance, with a good payment history in the past 12 months.
If your loan is owned by Freddie Mac, you may check your potential eligibility for HARP here.
If your loan is owned by Fannie Mae, you may check your potential eligibility for HARP here.